Monday, July 25, 2011

Future-in-law?

My elder sis's future parents-in-law coming to visit us from Miri, Sarawak this coming september. Apparently my mom was quite nervous about it, worry that she can't give her best treatment to the guests. I think my sister was quite lucky, her parents-in-law stay at somewhere else, and they are very healthy too. They join a lot of activities and club back in their hometown. Although they will need to fly back for visiting but the couple have their freedom on their own.
...............
A lot difference compare to me...
I had been steady with my boyfriend for few years. But i'm not ready for marriage yet. Plus, both of us haven't reach the peak of our own career yet. My boyfriend's parents are very conservative-minded. Sometimes when we out for a very short trip or a date, his mom sure call and disturb. Honestly, i don't like his parents. My boyfriend had not been able to expand his ability in his field, cause his parent stopped him from doing so. They think that doing business are risky and surely will loss profit. They hope his son can work for somebody else, and steadily receive salary every month. Stay as low profile as they could was their aim of the life.

I had told my boyfriend about our future plan, i hope both of us can stay alone in our own house. (but he said if possible buy one near to his parent's home =_=) That's why i told him we wanna earn as much money as we could before marriage. And buy a house beforehand, i don't mind if the house are small. Nowadays the housing are too expensive and hardly to afford. I would like it small, warm and very homey. Enough to fit both of us, and maybe 1 or 2 kids in future.

Ya know, i can imagine how i crash his family's future peaceful life. I don't even listen to my own parents, how would i follow parents-in-law's instruction? And sometimes couple/husband & wife, have their own issues to settle, which i don't like the elders to mix hand in it.
I might be very stubborn, but i wanna did my best for both career and family too. I do not want them to expect me to be a very loyal daughter-in-law and jaga home everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment