Monday, September 26, 2011

Parents-in-law?

Just an update for what i did last weekend.
My sis and bro-in-law came back, and his parents came visit from miri as well.
Conclusion, it was so tiring to layan auntie and uncle.

It feels so weird to get to know new relatives. At the same time its kinda stress as well. Surely we do not wanna spoil their mood of short trip here. Bro-in-law, Victor brought his parents to every shopping center at kl/pj, go for famous bak kut teh at klang. And my mom offer them a ride to visit genting. My dad spend them a supper at ss2 durian stalls.

Come to the main point, the meeting of in laws was to talked about my sister + victor's marriage. Although they already registered at SG around march, but their formal wedding will be held at next year december.

Auntie was very straight forward, she directly asked my mom how much ping gam she wants.
(Note: Ping gam in cantonese means giving ang pau/money to show gratitude to bride's family from groom's parents.)
My dad was so darn smart, he told them that he let his wife decides =_______=

Sounds like selling daughter, but i truly understand that ping gam are gonna use to buy preparation items for every traditions and ceremony.

I can sense and predict the busy + messy conditions for my sister's wedding preparations. And i guess the most complicated part will be preparing my family's apparels =__=

No comments:

Post a Comment